ASPLOS 2013 Best Papers:
- A Hardware/Software Testbed for Computational Sprinting, Arun Raghavan, Laurel Emurian, Lei Shao, Marios Papaefthymiou, Kevin Pipe, Thomas Wenisch and Milo Martin
- Discerning the Dominant Out-of-Order Performance Advantage: is it Dynamism or Speculation?, Daniel McFarlin, Charles Tucker and Craig Zilles
Most Influential Paper Award:
Ravi Rajwar, James R. Goodman for their ASPLOS 2002 paper: Transactional lock-free execution of lock-based programs
From the nominations: “Upcoming release of Intel Haswell processor with technology was directly influenced by this paper.” “Essentially led to an explosion of work in the area. The concepts of lock elision and transactional execution have now made it into commercial processors.”
- GPUfs: Integrating a File System with GPUs, Mark Silberstein, Bryan Ford, Idit Keidar and Emmett Witchel
- Paragon: QoS-Aware Scheduling for Heterogeneous Datacenters, Christina Delimitrou and Christos Kozyrakis
- March 18, 2013: The main conference begins! Proceedings can be downloaded from here (the password is available at the conference). Memory sticks containing the proceedings are also available at the registration desk.
- March 17, 2013: The second day of co-located workshops and conference proved to be as busy as the first, culminating with the ASPLOS & VEE reception on the Pool Deck of the Four Seasons hotel.
- March 16, 2013: ASPLOS 2013 is off to a good start with approximately 120 people attending the co-located conference and workshops today. A softcopy of the full conference schedule can be found here (hardcopies are available at the registration desk).
- March 7, 2013: If you’re traveling to ASPLOS with family and friends, here are some suggestions for things to do in Houston during the conference dates. Additional suggestions can be found in numerous travel web sites, including recent articles in Wall Street Journal and New York Times. Also, see downtownhouston.orgfor a daily calendar of events.
- Museums: The 19 museums in the Houston Museum District include the Menil Collection (free admission, including the Cy Twombly Gallery and Rothko Chapel), the Museum of Fine Arts (free admission daily with Lunch+Look), and the Houston Museum of Natural Science (location for Tuesday evening’s conference banquet). The MetroRail is the most convenient way to get to the Museum District.
- Sports: Minute Maid Park Tour, Houston Rockets
- Upcoming concerts at Toyota Center include Eric Clapton on March 16th and Alicia Keys on March 18th
- Theatre: Alley Theatre (“A Few Good Men”), Main Street Theater (“Henry V”), Stages Repertory Theatre(“Always…Patsy Cline”)
- Discovery Green: see online calendar of events (flea market on March 16th evening, lunchtime blues music on March 20th, yoga classes, kayak classes)
- Excursions: Space Center Houston, Kemah Boardwalk, Galveston Island
- Restaurants, live music, nightclubs too numerous to list here …
- March 1, 2013: The ASPLOS tutorials on Sunday, March 17th are cancelled due to low registration. There was a large registration for the co-located conference and workshops during March 16-17 instead.
- February 26, 2013: Conference attendees who did not obtain a room at the Four Seasons hotel are encouraged to explore alternate options on their own. Some possibilities are listed in the ASPLOS 2013 hotel web page.
- February 21, 2013: Due to high demand, there are no more standard rooms available in the Four Seasons hotel at the conference rate of $159/night. Higher-grade rooms may be available at higher rates.
- February 20, 2013: Advance registration deadline has been extended till March 1, 2013
- January 31, 2013: Student Travel Grant Applications (application deadline: February 15, 2013, notification deadline: February 24, 2013) - Application Form
- January 23, 2013: Registration – open
- January 23, 2013: Hotel booking – open
- January 14, 2013: Call for Provocative Ideas – submissions open
- November 9, 2012: Notification to authors
- July 23, 2012: Submission deadline for papers
- March 10, 2012: Call for papers online
- March 10, 2012: Web site online
Co-located conference: VEE 2013, 9th Annual International Conference on Virtual Execution Environments, March 16-17 (Saturday, Sunday)
ASPLOS 2013 Sponsors:
ASPLOS 2013 Gold Supporters:
ASPLOS 2013 Silver Supporters:
ASPLOS 2013 Bronze Supporters: